Wild Blueberry Pie with Almond Crumble Topping
Author: Dundee Fruit
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (or more) sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 7 cups fresh wild or regular blueberries (32 ounces) or 32 ounces frozen wild or regular blueberries (do not thaw)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 ounces marzipan or almond paste, broken into ⅓-inch pieces (about ¾ cup loosely packed)
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Roll out pie crust disk on floured surface to 12-inch round.
- Transfer to 9-inch-diameterglass pie dish.
- Turn crust edges under and crimp decoratively, forming crust edge ¼ inch above sides of pie dish.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling and topping.
- For filling:
- Whisk ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch in heavy large saucepan to blend.
- Stir in blueberries and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture bubbles and thickens, frequently stirring gently, about 13 minutes.
- Chill filling until cool, about 1 hour.
- If more sweetness is desired, stir in sugar by tablespoonfuls.
- For topping:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in processor; blend until mixture begins to clump together.
- Transfer to bowl; chill 30 minutes.
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Spread blueberry filling evenly in unbaked crust.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over.
- Place pie on rimmed baking sheet and bake until crust and topping are golden and filling bubbles thickly, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.
Recipe by Dundee Fruit Company at https://www.dundeefruit.com/998/recipes-desserts-wild-blueberry-pie-with-almond-crumble-topping/