Blueberry Orange Muffins
Author: Dundee Fruit
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ c. shortening
- ⅓ c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- ⅔ c. skim milk
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1-1/3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbl. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. Red Hills Blueberries in light syrup, drained
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine shortening and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in egg whites, milk, orange juice and orange peel gradually.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into liquid ingredients until just blended.
- Fold in Red Hills Blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400*F for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe by Dundee Fruit Company at https://www.dundeefruit.com/1011/recipes-desserts-blueberry-orange-muffins/